Hello there! I have a spooky surprise for you today! Well, okay, its not too spooky! I love making these to hand out to just about anyone. How can you NOT smile when handed this little treat? I made these last year too. This is just updated with 2 new stamp sets in the 2014 Holiday Catalog and the new 1/4 Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon. Yummy!
Here is today’s project:
- Freaky Friends Stamp Set
- Tee Hee Hee Stamp Set
- Tootsie Pops
- Unbleached Coffee Filters
- 1 3/4 in Circle Punch
- 2 3/8 in Scalloped Circle Punch
- Hexagon Punch (for the “flags”)
- Fringe Scissors
- Whisper White, and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
- Staz On Black Ink (for the Freaky Friends Stamp Set, it is Red Rubber)
- Memento Black Ink (for the sentiment, because the Tee Hee Hee is a Photopolymer Stamp Set)
- Stampin Dimensionals
- Retired Washi Tape (From last year’s Holiday Catalog)
Just a note:
Notice that I used 2 different blank ink pads? Why?
1. Photopolymer stamps are made differently. Because of the “chemistry” of the stamps themselves and the chemistry of the Staz On Ink Pad, it is highly recommended that use use the Memento Black Ink Pad as a black ink on ANY Photopolymer stamp!
2. Staz On is my “go to” black ink pad always – except when using Photopolymer stamps (reason above).
To Make These:
1. Take an unbleached coffee filter. Fold it in half. Fold it in half again.
2. Cut w/ fringe scissors (the fanned out end)
3. Cut a VERY small hole at the pointy tip of the coffee filtr
4. Carefully take it spart and open it up. Slide the tootsie pop stick thru the hold.. so the tootsie pop looks like it is wearing a skirt.
5. Take Washi Tape and wrap it tightly around the top of the toosie pop. This will keep your broom in place and the coffee filter will not move or scoot off.
6. Decorate a tag for it as desired. Our Halloween stamps rock!
7. Punch a hole in the tag and tie w/ ribbon.
8. Give to all of your friends! They are guaranteed to smile!
I hope you enjoyed today’s fun 3D project! Its super easy and fun to give! Now, let’s go shopping for supplies! Visit my online store and have it all delivered right to your door! Make something pretty, and get inky!! *hugs*