- Today, card making is a worldwide hobby, especially popular in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- 1 in 6 U.S. households participates in making cards
- 86% of scrapbookers also create handmade cards
- 92% of paper crafters create cards more than any other type of project
- The top occasions/themes for making cards are
- winter holidays (Christmas, New Year’s, etc.)
- thank you
- Valentine’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Card makers prefer stamps and rub-ons for use on their holiday handmade cards
- 73% of card makers use their computer in part or all of their design
Holiday Details:WHATWorld Card Making Day is a holiday especially for card makers around the world to:
- Celebrate the creativity of handmade cards and the personal connection that they create between friends and family
- Kick off (and get a head start on) the holiday card-making season
WHENThe first Saturday of each October, kicking off the holiday card-making season, the most popular time for creating and sharing handmade greetings.
WHOThe card-making community worldwide, including hobbyists, beginning card makers, manufacturers of card-making products, retail sellers of products, educators, and press are invited to come together to celebrate this holiday and creative passion.
WHYIt is a day to connect with fellow card makers both near and far, to applaud the creativity that powers the craft, and to provide an opportunity for card makers to connect and find resources that will empower, inspire, and encourage them in their card making.
- Festive Flurry Bundle (Stamps and Framelits)
- Take Care Stamp Set
- Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set
- Bring On The Cake Stamp Set
- Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Old Olive Classic Inks
- Very Vanilla Card Stock
- Stampin Sponge
- Naturals Buttons
- Linen Thread
- Stampin Dimensionals
I think for a crazy idea in the shower, this card came out kinda cute! LOL. Who knew snowflakes could be a tree, right? I was actually thinking outside the box.. scary! *wink* Thank you so much for stopping by! What other possibilities can you think of to use these stamp sets for? Have a great day! Make something pretty, and get a little inky!! *hugs*
Now, I am off to hunt down some Birthday Cake…and maybe some ice cream?