Today I thought I’d share a background technique. I can sit for hours and make background for cards, tags, scrapbook embellishments and more. I used bright colors, but think of the possibilities using different color combinations.. think of Father’s Day cards with plaid.. in blues or neutral colors. Oh how fun! I have a video for you too, showing how i did the background using a brayer. So, get those brayers and ink pads ready.. lets make some cool and funky backgrounds!
Supplies I Used:
- Swallowtail Clear Mount Stamp
- Very Vanilla Card Stock – Tags
- Whisper White Card Stock – Card Base
- Lucky Limeade and Tempting Turquoise Card Stock
- Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon
- Classic Inks (Brights) in Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango( or oops, Pumpkin Pie!), Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise, and Rich Razzleberry
- Staz On Black Ink Pad
- Dymo Hobbyist Label Maker – so much fun!
- Framed Tulip Folder – Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Big Shot
- Stampin Dimensionals
I hope you have some time to try this technique – it really is addicting and a lot of fun! Make several for future cards and tags n such so you have them on hand while you have your brayer out and available to you! Have a great day!! Take time to get inky and make pretty stuff! *hugs*
PS Please leave a comment and let me know if you enjoyed the video!
Oooooh and one more thing! Yay! Stampin’ Up! just announced…
The Petite Curly Label Punch that you saw in the Sale-A-Bration brochure is now available for purchase! You can buy it through May 31, and it will also be available in the new 2013-2014 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog.
Item # 129405 $12.95
Ok.. now, I am done! Have a great day!!! *hugs*